Movie Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower



Earlier tonight I was browsing through the downloads folder on my laptop and found some movies that I have never watched, that I downloaded in the pre-Netflix era. Also because the internet was down. And I found this masterpiece of a movie.



I just finished watching this and I’m like, why didn’t I watch this earlier?

This isn’t going to be a fancy proper review because I am just speed typing, that’s how overwhelmed this movie has got me!

 Movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower

 Genre:  Drama

 IMDB:  8/10

 Synopsis Based off the book “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” written by Stephen Chbosky, the movie is about a socially awkward teenage boy Charlie who tries making friends in high school while struggling with the sadder realities of his past and present.




 Worth it?  Definitely!

Aside from being a movie about teenage feelings, high school hardships and relationships, this movie has raised awareness on various topics related to mental health. Depression, bullying, sexual abuse, sexual identity, social indifference- this movie has got it covered. It’s also packed with amazing quotes that will hit your inner conscience.

Another really good thing about this movie is that it doesn't show asshole, bullying siblings like in most usual teenage drama movies. The siblings are rather more loving, caring and attentive towards Charlie and his mental well being.



If you want something emotional and romantic, yet still realistic and focal, The Perks of Being a Wallflower will intrigue you and make you want to watch it again, and maybe even want to read the book it’s based off. I hate watching a rerun of any movie or show that I have watched- but I would gladly say I could watch this again.

Maybe I’m full of feelings because I watched an emotional and meaningful movie after a really long time. I usually watch mystery, horror and science fiction movies and I struggle to find ones that really interest me. Seeing Emma Watson in something that’s not about Harry Potter may also be a good reason I watched this movie.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.