November Nothingness

10:06

Time heals all wounds- they say.


I looked at the date in my phone and let out a sigh, and felt it leaving out of me painfully. There was a hint of chill today. I snuggled deeper into my blanket, it was a chilly morning today after long. I felt the crisp and dry air on my cheeks and felt my lips parched. I breathed out again, expecting this sigh to be lighter and easier.

It wasn’t.



Time healed all wounds- I told myself. Healed.

It was like the sadness and gloom had been purposefully injected into the air today. Reminding me constantly of the scars that I know are healed, of the memories I shoved off so they never haunt me again. I ignored it all, but it irritated me like an annoying stick being poked repeatedly in the back of my head. But I’m stronger than a poking memory, a faded shadow.

Time passed, like a kidney stone, but it did.

I wouldn’t call myself the same person I was last year.

From burning, to ashes, I am fire today again.


From broken, to healing, I am whole today again.


From perky and cheerful, to doubtful and quite, I am stable today.

The comeback is always stronger than the setback.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.