Friday Feels: Managing a Procrastinator



November has oddly been a month of beginnings for me. Its intentional and unintentional in many ways. Started with setbacks and emotional instability, continued with growth and hope, and here I stand again with a beam of optimism on my face. Today, I find myself making another starting point for something. A beginning again.


I seem to be feeling so many emotions at once. I think of growth mentally and spiritually and while I’m at it the day ends there and then. I’m not a good person when it comes to making commitments with myself. As long as I’ve been given deadlines, final dates, any sort of pressure that seems like doomsday lurking around the corner, I get things done. Being punctual isn’t something that I have been able to be, ever.

The problem with procrastinators is that they always wait till the last minute of  their circumstance to start and perform something. The best thing, however, is that they always get it done. They never fail to do something. Its just the mental stress, the disastrous situations they put themselves in by their own will, that makes them procrastinators.

Its pretty easy to see us go from "Oh I've got two weeks? That's a lot of time." to "Fuck I've got only today! I must not sleep, eat, blink, or breathe in order to get this done ASAP." in the blink of an eye.


Journalling keeps me together and at pace mostly. So today I begin writing, jotting down and ticking off my own goals like my life depends on it, which it really does- I just seem to completely disregard it.


2 comments:

  1. Its not the problem with procrastinators that they are always late its the reason thats why they are called that because, they delay it and prefer it to do tomorrow which never comes.
    Your music these days, states that you are doing good. koel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a procrastinator, the statement “All is well that ends well.” is so relatable. Tomorrow never comes but when it does we’re on top of our game! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.