Awkward Questions Asked From Newbie Hijabis

13:33
This is for the judgmental people who have very useless and basically rhetorical questions for newbie hijabis. Whether you've worn it for the first time, or have been wearing it for a while, you know what kind of questions are gonna come your way.
When I took my decision to don on a scarf, I was asked the dumbest questions by people. Then there were these silent stares from acquaintances that were altogether a very uncomfortable experience, especially since I was a socially awkward person at that time.

Anyhow. Here are the some of the dumbest questions I have been asked when I started taking the Hijab when I was 17.

1. Tum kar rahi ho, ammi aur behen kyun nahi kar rahay?
(You're wearing it, why not your mother and sister?)
Well, mY l!f3 mY rUL3zZ

2. Itna bara decision? Aj kal ke madarsay tou hotay he aisay hain.
(Such a huge decision? Islamic schools nowadays just do that to you.)
Yes. I'm ready to hug you as I self destruct to fulfil my purpose as an extremist now.

3. Rishta aya hai? Baray parhezgaar hongay.
(Did you get a marriage proposal? They must be really conservative.)
No aunty I'm 17 where are your senses?

4. Saray shouq abhi se khatam karliyay tum ne? Aray yehi tou umar thi saray fashion karnay ki.
(You've shunned all your dreams already? This was the age to experiment with all kinds of fashion.)
Aunty please, let me show you how it's done. *rolls eyes and dramatically flips scarf*

5. Bohat mushkil hai karna, abhi garmiyaan ayengi tou utar jaega. Soch lo tum sahi se.
(It's really hard to do this, summer's right around the corner and it'll come off. You should put more though into it.)
Thankyou! OMG I didn't even know there was a season called summer, where the sun is at it's hottest, a tad bit less than hell will be- just saying ya know.

6. Shaadi aur functions pe bhi karogi? *offensive laughter*

(You're gonna carry it at weddings and events too? *laughs in English*)
Your sadness amuses me aunty. Btw, your hair is skinny dipping in your plate of oily karaahi gosht.

7. Aj kal hijab fashion me hai isliye kar rahi ho. Utar jaega phir tou kuch arsay baad.
(Hijab is trending nowadays that's why you're wearing it. It'll be off then after a while.)
Wanna bet?








No comments:

Powered by Blogger.