Don't Fall In Love With Me

05:21



I'm not the words you read. I'm not the filters I put up to mask my pimples and scars. I'm not the beauty effects that you see on me, that I put on just to slim down my nose. I'm not that single angle I always use for my selfies, I have a bad side too.
Don't fall in love with me.

I'm not the songs on my playlist. I'm not the movies that I tell you I like. I'm not what I tell you I love, for what I am and what I aspire are somehow miles apart. I'm not the laughs you hear and the smiles you see. These wide grins, and those silent moments you rarely see- that's not me.
Don't fall in love with me, please.

I cry louder than I laugh, and my slimmed down nose turns as red and as big as a tomato. I'm not that cringed face I make when you laugh at me, make fun of me. I'm not the break in my voice when I speak up against the bully- that's not me.
Please don't fall in love with me.





This toothy smile and ugly laugh- don't fall in love with it
For sometimes these fade and sometimes they die out

These words that I type and poems that I write- don't fall in love with them
For sometimes they are backspaced and sometimes they don't come out

This blabber and these jokes that may make you laugh- don't fall in love with them
For as much as I open up, I'm just as trapped with nowhere to shout


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.